Thursday 9 January 2014

Victoria Falls

I think the true beauty of Victoria Falls is very hard to capture in picture. It was amazing and I don't think the trip to Zimbabwe would have been complete without seeing it. I used to live in Niagara Falls but this was something truly beautiful and untouched. I loved every minute!

Elephant Crossing!




Momma and her Baby!
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

Looking out over the National Park from the Hotel






Vultures starting to circle for their 1pm feeding. The hotel feeds them daily and it is amazing how they know when the time is getting close. We got to go down and were about 10 feet away from the vultures (so close Amy got pooped on!)









Warthogs everywhere around the lodge. Pretty good grass cutters if you ask me.


Our lodge. One wall opened up (it was canvas) and our backyard was the National Park.






Ginny Foul

Sunrise one morning behind the mist from Victoria Falls


Found this guy on my hand while washing clothes in the sink.



Victoria Falls!

Elephant skull









Rose & Family!









Probably my favorite picture (rain clouds coming in).




We came at the start of rainny season. In a few months all this rock will be covered with water flowing over top.









Ants are no joke. In the next post you'll see a typical ant hill. These guys found a chip I dropped in minutes.


The Boma with Carrie! This was on the property of our lodge and is dinner/entertainment. Was awesome!
We didn't try the worms.


Warthog is actually really good!


The entertainment! These guys were amazing. Have been performing at the hotel since they were boys (17 years ago!)




Carrie and I heard screaming and saw flashes coming from the bathroom. Amy found a frog. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment